Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hurricane Dizzle

On a recent web surf I came upon the list of names from the National Hurricane Center. There's no real formula for chosing names other than assuring the names are short, easy to remember and pronounce, and dupication is kinda frowned upon.

Turns out, I could be coming to a coastal region soon. In 2005, the Atlantic names have both Lee (my middle name) and Nate. The Eastern Austrialian list has Nathan on it but 22 hurricanes have to blow through before it hits. It's actually kinda creepy to think of all the papers and news channels possibly calling out my name...

and I didn't even win an award yet.

Here is the list... http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

The humidity is crazy lately. I've come to the conclusion that the midwest has two seasons: summer and winter. But mid-nineties in the middle of september, there should be some sort of law again that. Why do I live here again?

Bye

nate

No comments: