Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My First Chicago Snow

It is 2:30 in the AM. I make the decision to go out with some work friends after a long night at the club. When I finally depart from the late night bar at 4 AM, what do I see flying through the early morning air, but the first snowflakes of the season. As I make my way home a permanent smile is stuck on my face. It is beautiful. I grab my IPod and tune in to my Christmas mix and for the first time since I have been in Chicago, I am giddy instead of exhausted on my way home from my late night bouncing job. The Christmas season has finally arrived.
No matter what is going on in my life, the Christmas season brings joy to me. I love the music, the lights, the gift giving, the overall goodwill to people that comes out of this time of year. I love the snow, the stores, the warmth that comes with the end of the year.
My favorite month is December. There, I said it. As much as I love the warm weather of the summer months, the colors of fall, I love everything that comes with December.
I can't wait to see this big city all lit up with the colors of the season, all the stores flaunting their Christmas treasures, and the cheer everyone eventually gets when they look past the crowds, the expenses, and the hustle and bustle.
I am looking forward to finding the radio station here that plays 24 hours of Christmas music from Thanksgiving to NewYears.
My favorite Christmas song is Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas no matter who sings it.
I will watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation at least 25 times this year and stay up to see 24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS on Christmas Eve.
I love the crazy 2 days of parties my parents throw for my family and I love that they worry about it every year even though it goes better than we could have hoped each and every year.
I love that every year my parents go to a fresh tree lot and pick out a real tree. And even though my sister and I don't live in the house any more, they will still get a real tree every year and decorate it with the family ornaments.
And I love that I will still be as sappy as ever about this holiday season no matter what happens.

bye bye

nate

1 comment:

Jason said...

rock on man