Sunday, February 26, 2006

Forest Creatures Unite

Audition number three.
Last Monday I found my way to the north side, to an old building that looked like an old boarding house. Maybe a brothel. It was the North Lakeside Cultural Center.
I had a audition for Bambi for Theatre Hikes. The whole house was empty save myself, the director and the stage manager. Every step I took creaked but not in that cool old house creek, it creaked like a crappy floor. Much like the crappy floor in my apartment.
So my monologue happened. I did my Santa mono from Daddies. It went well, they had me do it twice after some direction. Fine fine good good. I felt good about it. So I went home.
I rolled through Monday night, through Tuesday morning, and Tuesday night I get an e-mail inviting me to callbacks occurring Thursday night. Pretty sweet. For those that are keeping track of my career in Chicago that makes 2 of three auditions resulting in call backs, or 66.66%, not bad.
Thursday found me back at the creeky house reading for animal characters. I read quite a few times for a couple deer. I thought it went real well, I showed funny innocence for young Bambi, believable hate and anger towards the villain, and hot deer chemistry with Faline, the female deer. I was the first to read, and the last. Usually that means good things. So it ended, and I went home.
And I waited.
After work today I saw that I had a message from an unfamiliar number. I checked it and it was the director. He was calling to offer me the part of Gobo, the buddy deer that dies mid-way through the show. Sweet. I took it.
I'm a deer. More sweet deer updates to come.
Rrarr!

Bye Bye

nate

5 comments:

Rachel said...

congrats! do you get paid?!?!?!?!

Movie Maven said...

deers don't say "rrarr," man.
what DO deers say?

nate said...

Yup, paid.

I don't know what deers make but Nate says rrarr onto the Chicago acting scene.

Rachel said...

cool dude.....the deer!!! i bet you will get some sort of cool deer unitard...please keep me posted! :)

Jason said...

I need some deer news nate!